My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 7, 2010

THE OLD GUY APPEALS FOR HELP FROM THE BLOGOSPHERE

Here I am again, seeking technical guidance from those younger and wiser. [This is the first generation in the history of the world in which the young explain to the old how things work. Talk about revolutions!]

Here's the thing. Five weeks ago, thanks to the efforts of Ann Davis, I spoke at Marist College in Poughkeepsie. One of my talks was called "What Good is a Liberal Education?" The talk was videotaped, and eventually, again thanks to Ann's persistence, the video was posted on a Marist server. I would like to post a link to the talk on my blog, because I think folks might find it interesting. Ann emailed me the link, and when I click on it, up comes the talk. BUT when I copy the link into my blogt, or even highlight it and copy it to a WORD document, and try to open it, I get an error message. I am pretty sure I am copying it exactly correctly. One needs QuickTime to open it, but my Windows Vista has that, even though it is an Apple ap, so that is all right. I even now have a CD of the talk. When I put it in my CD drive, it starts automatically. But look though I have, I cannot find any way to download it onto my own computer, so even that route is denied me. I figure there is some code embedded in the email message that does not copy, but how can that be?

I think it is a good talk, and since on this video my facial tics and twitches are almost totally quiet, I am not mortified by the sight of myself. [For those of you who know me only through this blog, I have had these twitches since I was five, and I will apparently have them until I die. Such is life.]

Does anybody have an idea? I could mail the CD to you, if that would do it.

2 comments:

NotHobbes said...

If all other avenues turn into cul-de-sac`s then I have a friend who works for the BBC who could help

BerryDM said...

You could try right-click Copy Link or if that doesn't work you could click on the link in the email and when the browser window opens copy the link from the URL in the browser instead.

Once you have got the link correct it is trivial to copy into you blog...