My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 21, 2010

HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP

I just received a long, wonderful email message from an old student, Alan Kapilian, who took several courses with me at UMass in the late 80's. I was getting ready to respond to it, but stopped first to delete a bit of spam that had popped up in my in-box. Well, you can guess the rest. I deleted Alan's email by mistake and left the spam. Alan, if you read this -- or if anyone who knows Alan reads this -- please send me a quick email so that I can respond to the long message. No need to repeat the message, I remember it [and you] quite well.

Sigh. Will I ever get the hang of this new-fangled thing?

5 comments:

Aliyah said...

Hi, Bob-

If you're using Microsoft Outlook for email, go to "Options" on the bottom of the left panel. You should get a screen of options, starting with Out of Office Assistant, etc. The very last option is Recover Deleted Items. Click on the button "View Items", and the email you just deleted should reappear in the Deleted Items folder. This will only work if you deleted the email within the past 24 hours. Hope this helps.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Thanks so much, but alas I am using my old University email program, which is pretty clinky. But I will check, anyway. I think I need to ten year old kid to lead me around. :)

Bruce Lyth said...

Hey Bob,

Does your email not have a Trash folder from which you could retrieve the lost message?

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Not so far as I can see. It has a delete function, and then a "purge deleted" function, which I routinely do, and that seems to consign it to cyberhell.

Alan, Alan, wherever you are, check in!

akapital said...

ok ok so I write long emails what can I say...and I am very conscious of this and very deliberately try to keep it short but sometimes when I talk about my old professors I just get carried away.

ok so to the point, you can find me on Facebook or at akapilian9@yahoo.com

One more thing, love this blog, keep it going cause I can no longer take out student loans and pay those Umass credits, so this is great!!