My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PARIS UPDATE

The strike is over, the garbage has been picked up, and Paris is looking lovely again. We dined on caneton a la brochette [for two] last night at our favorite little restaurant and then slept for ten hours, so we are almost recovered from the trip. Since we have not been here for eleven months, there were lots of housekeeping chores today [a new bulb for the chandelier in the kitchen area, etc.]

A sophomore doing a double major at Brown wrote to me. He has read my autobiography [all three volumes!] and wanted to know what I thought about Freud today, inasmuch as I have had twenty years of psychotherapy in my life. It occurred to me that I might attempt a "Thought of Sigmund Freud" like the series I did on Marx, though doing it from here I would pretty much have to write it from memory.

It would be useful to know whether there is any interest in that out there in the blogosphere.

8 comments:

Utopian Yuri said...

Absolutely.

Kevin said...

*raises hand*

English Jerk said...

Sounds good to me. Freud tends to get shorter shrift than he deserves these days (especially sans Lacan).

levinebar said...

we'll read anything that you find interesting enough to write about

Pliny said...

Yes, please!

Andrew Lionel Blais said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Lionel Blais said...

Well, ok, but only if you call it "Reuben Feinschmeck's Big Adventure."

Anthony said...

I would read.