My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A NEW MINI-TUTORIAL

I have decided to try my hand at another mini-tutorial, this time devoted to David Ricardo's great classic work, The Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, first published in 1817, forty-one years after Adam Smith's Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, and just a half century before the publication of Karl Marx's Das Kapital.

Ricardo's Principles is available on-line, if anyone would like to read parts of it while I am posting my mini-tutorial. It is my impression that several graduate students in Economics have been attracted to this site lately by my snarky comments about Greg Minkiw. Perhaps they, and my faithful readers, will find the Ricardo mini-tutorial interesting.

If all goes well, I shall launch the mini-tutorial tomorrow.

3 comments:

J.R. said...

I am loking forward to it. People have been telling me that I need to read Ricardo for years. This will give me the excuse to move him up in the queue.

J.R. said...

Though this question indicates a certain readerly laziness, I have to ask: Are there any sections of Ricardo that you regard as particularly essential?

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Yes. I will try to indicate them as I go along.