My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

STOP THE PRESSES

I have been having some sort of odd voice problems that make me more or less permanently hoarse.  After a course of an anti-fungal medication that does not seem to have corrected the problem, I am due to start voice therapy [not to be confused with psychoanalysis!] on January 8th.

It is possible that I shall have to postpone the recording of my lectures for a bit.  I hope not, but we shall see.  My plan had been to start the weekly lectures more or less when UNC starts its Spring semester, which is to say early in January.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..."odd voice problems" from someone who is concerned (un-necessarily in my opinion)that facial ticks might mar the presentation. Calling Dr. Freud..!

Joking aside, I hope to be hearing you loud and clear in the New Year. I have been really looking forward to this. I think that it opens up all kinds of new possibilities for the blog.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..."odd voice problems" from someone who is concerned (un-necessarily in my opinion)that facial ticks might mar the presentation. Calling Dr. Freud..!

Joking aside, I hope to be hearing you loud and clear in the New Year. I have been really looking forward to this. I think that it opens up all kinds of new possibilities for the blog.

Kevin said...

Voice therapy! What does that entail? In any case, looking forward to the lectures (hoarse voice or not).

Jerry Fresia said...

I haven't heard anymore about the audience problem; perhaps this delay, if it is such, will enable your blog readers to
crowd-source an audience. Surely your readership among faculty and students has contacts at the university there that could either attend and/or post flyers about the university. A call for attendees placed within the student newspaper? All of this reminds me of the time I passed up an opportunity to take a class with James Baldwin. Talk about regrets! This is a similar opportunity. The voice problem could be a reprieve. Let's make this happen.