My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 27, 2017

HMMMMM

I have wondered about this.

2 comments:

F Lengyel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry Fresia said...

I've seen these comparisons before. I don't think they are very convincing. Trump gets tongue tied, or moronic, when he is compelled to sound like a statesman, as opposed to a real estate developer-mafioso.

On a completely different subject: I remain curious about the blog "dozens" and the reference to Chris Hedges' speech. I was too chicken to respond given that my thoughts about your question weren't terribly profound. But obviously you have a critique in mind. You say you don't disagree with many of the points Hedges was making, but....??? Given that some of us, myself included, are prone to hyper-indict our "beloved" institutions (simply out of frustration of having been silenced as leftists, in part), I remained puzzled and interested: what's the critique?